Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Begining

"And so it begins" - King Theodin at Helm's Deep as the rains began.

So here's the deal: This is going to be a story. We'll see where it goes. We'll let it drive itself. I need your help. I will be writing the body of the story but I need you to provide me with the directions. Kinda like a ghost writing in reverse. I'm the driver, but I'm blindfolded, oh, and I have head phones on, and my mouth has been duct-taped shut. The only thing I can do is write, and communicate by braille.

What I am going to do, is pick from your suggestions what I should do: what the characters' names should be; are they male or female? How old are they? Where should the story go next? What is the setting? Is the action dramatic or comedic? And so-on and so-forth and everything like that. We'll figure it out as we go. To start with, I'll open it with a starting sentence, maybe a little more. And then it's up to you. I'll end it with a requisition inside braces, inside brackets, inside parenthesis so that it can't be confused as text.

All right. You have your orders. Get to it

2 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Name one of your males Flecher. first name. This is a really good idea!!!
Cheerio,
Lydia

Katie said...

Fletcher is a great!

And Isabelle for the girl.

I'm in!